Get ready for Scotland’s biggest and best student party! On top of freebies and FREE VIP tickets, we’re sorting a lift out for you, too. Don’t say we’re not good to you!
Get ready for Scotland’s biggest and best student party! On top of freebies and FREE VIP tickets, we’re sorting a lift out for you, too. Don’t say we’re not good to you!
Buses will run every 45 minutes from 10.15am from Cowcaddens road. See you there!
Take a peek at some of our awesome features and exhibitors at this year’s freshers’ festival – the biggest and BEST student party!
So what are you waiting for? Get your FREE VIP tickets here
With over 62 stores nationwide, House of Fraser is undoubtedly Glasgow’s most exciting department store, encompassing the stylish, the sophisticated and the eclectic.
With four floors of beauty, menswear, womenswear, accessories and home, House of Fraser Glasgow is opening its doors to this year’s Freshers Festival and the team at HOF can’t wait to showcase their student discount and recognition card which offer savings aplenty across hundreds of our favourite brands.
They’ll have a range of menswear and womenswear at their stall tailored to student fashion, and we’re psyched to announce that their beauty partner Benefit will be bringing along TWO make-up artists for beauty tutorials! Makeover, anyone?
If you fancy yourself as a fashion aficionado, the lovely folks at House of Fraser are also sponsoring a Scot Street Style ‘best dressed’ competition. There will be two winners, one male and one female, each who will each receive a £100 voucher for House of Fraser.
For your chance to win, simply swing by the House of Fraser stall and strut your stuff. Remember, looking suave is imperative for this competition!
On the 25th of Sep House of Fraser Glasgow will be offering students the chance to come into store for a very special student showcase offering drinks, djs, goody bags with every purchase and huge savings for all students between 12 and 5pm. Students should head to the 2nd floor of the iconic store for a very special student party!
So jump down and visit the guys at House of Fraser for a chance to win an amazing prize and grab yourself some goodies!
Freshers’ Festival isn’t just about introducing students to the biggest and best brands in Scotland, it’s also about uniting you with some of the freshest, most exciting new ideas around. So get ready to get your socks blown right off by our Startup Showcase winners.
It was a long and difficult judging process involving a panel of entrepreneurial experts from the likes of Harper McLeod LLP, Exolta Capital Partners, the University of Strathclyde and, of course, Freshers’ Festival organisers, but we’re confident that we’ve picked a great selection of fun Scottish startups that you’re going to love.
A revolutionary events ticket search engine that lets you find tickets for top events wherever they’re on sale.
A tech company that’s building apps to help people with dyslexia.
The next generation travel pillow that provides neck support, packs easily and is machine washable.
An app that lets you crowdsource answers to life’s most difficult (or trivial) questions.
A fitness clothing brand that combines innovative material with stylish design.
A personal protection device that combines location information, recording capability and an audio alarm to protect in the event of an attack.
A new app designed specifically to find and meet like-minded students at university.
A range of sports socks and boxing wraps specifically designed for martial artists.
So whether you’re keen to see the cutting edge of Scottish design, business and technology or you want to support and network with other bright young things, get on over their stands at this year’s Freshers’ Festival.
You’re deep in the jungle. You’re surrounded by green trees and ancient architecture. The hot sun and tense atmosphere makes your brow sweat. You hear a wild animal screech in the distance. You aren’t scared because you’re the Tiger Woods of this safari. This is your chance. You swing your club hitting the ball up the hill, through the maze, and round the corner. Ping! POW! Pop! You got the hole in one.
Welcome to Paradise Island adventure golf, transporting you to the heart of the jungle at Soar intu Braehead in Glasgow. Who knew it was so close by? The Island has two 18 hole courses, stretching to over 20,000 square feet and welcomes students into its tropical atmosphere from early ’til late.
Ready to take a swing? The generous people from the tribe of Paradise Island have two lots of FOUR tickets for you and your pals to win! Don’t forget to head along at see the guys at Frehsers’ Festival too, where they’ll be on par with more freebies, discounts, and golf puns.
HOW TO ENTER
Follow @FreshersFest and @Playadventuregolf over on Twitter and simply RT the tweet below. The lucky winners will be announced on the 22nd of September so take your best shot at this opportunity and get clicking!
— Freshers Festival (@FreshersFest) September 9, 2015
Terms and conditions: UK residents only.. Only one entry per applicant permitted. No purchase necessary. The competition runs until midnight 21st September. Entries received after the closing date cannot be considered, winners will be notified via Twitter on 22nd September. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Entry into the competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Drygate is offering tickets for you and five friends for a brewery tour and beer tasting – it’ll be great chance to explore Glasgow’s culinary landscape, scoff some delicious nosh and put your face in some delicious beer.
There will be TWO winners for this competition and they will be announced at the Freshers’ Festival. Don’t want to miss out? Then get yourself along to the event for freebies, live music, Papa John’s pizza and a chance to win this incredible prize!
HOW TO ENTER
Simply follow @drygate and @freshersfest and tweet a photo of yourself with our Freshers Fest subway posters or a bottle of Drygate beer with the hashtag #fearlessfresher. Drygate will be launching an all new ‘Fearless’ range in September, so there couldn’t be a better way to honour their beer while reminding you to stay fearless during the academic year!
— Freshers Festival (@FreshersFest) September 7, 2015
The best two photos will win. So what are you waiting for? GET SNAPPING!
Terms and conditions: UK residents only. Over 18s only. Only one entry per applicant permitted. No purchase necessary. The competition runs until 24th September. Entries received after the closing date cannot be considered, winners will be notified at Freshers’ Fest 2015 at the SECC in Glasgow at the Drygate stall. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Entry into the competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- ALL the freebies and giveaways – we’ve got gadgets and gizmos a plenty! As well as clothes, iPads, Apple TVs, tote bags and hoodies.
- BlogFest. You’ll get the chance to meet your favourite Scottish bloggers! It might even inspire you to put pen to paper, or fingers to keypad.
- The Relentless Main Stage should be reason enough to come along and see DJs from clubs across Scotland (and grab a few handfuls of free Relentless cans).
- AXM will be giving out goodies and promoting Scotland’s gay club scene!
- Love cocktails? Love lunch? Bread & Butter are sampling cocktails, giveaways and a chance to enter their lunch raffle! Tingle will be giving out free nacho vouchers!
- If you’re a fan of Glasgow’s Rock and Metal scene then the pioneering Cathouse will be gracing the floors of the SECC with bangin’ tunes and discounts.
- The Garage will also be exhibiting, bringing to the SECC Glasgow’s most iconic club.
- Students love a wee movie night; thankfully Cineworld will be catering to all your blockbuster needs.
- AND Odeon will be there to support the movie mayhem. Film buffs – don’t say we’re not good to you!
- City Parking will be along to help you get parked at the biggest student event of the year! And don’t worry, no fines.
- Providing the best monthly Dance music for Scottish clubbers, Colours will be promoting fantastic events and getting us pumped up for freshers’ nightlife.
- Fleeing the nest can be daunting, that’s why CRM Students will be at the festival to help you find a cosy wee flat in your city.
- We’ve got all of Scotland’s best clubs up our sleeves, including Distrikt, in the heart of Merchant City.
- Dragon Soop will be coming along with some tasty caffeine-fueled beverages to keep your batteries charged!
- If you’re looking for affordable drinks and nosh during a night out then Driftwood Bar are sure to sort you out. 85p vodka mix, anyone?
- Indie rock heroes Firewater are gonna be giving out tote bags, t-shirts, keyrings and a mystery prize a giveaway! Totes amazing.
- For safe food and healthy eating Food Standards Scotland will be bringing their knowledge to the table (literally).
- Looking for some funky art to annoy the ‘rents this freshers’? Visit the awesome Forevermore Tattoo folk to get the tat of your dreams!
- With delicious cocktails and yummy gastro menu, Merchant City’s G-Town will be visiting freshers’ fest with some freebies and offers.
- Paint the Town will be bringing a splash of colour, with amazing offers at destinations throughout Scotland and the chance to win A CAR!
- Do you love cosplay? Are you a comic book worm? Then look no further! Geek Retreat will be bringing all things geeky and wonderful to the festival.
- Pull up and see Glasgow Taxis who’ll be exhibiting and find out what they have on offer for your year as a fresher!
- Happy Bus will have all the information on transport to your favourite festivals.
- If you’re looking for offers and opportunities then have a chat with Home Fundraising.
- Freshers’ Fest is all about free food, drink and good times! Delicious food will be served up from Pinto Mexican Kitchen.
- Swedish furnishing kings IKEA will be coming armed with a £50 and £100 gift voucher to giveaway!
- Infertility Scotland will be exhibiting and offering information and advice for students. They’ll be giving away awesome prizes such as a day pass to M&Ds, beer goggles and a paintball competition!
- Intu Braehead will have exclusive offers and giveaways, covering urban retailers, bars, activities and leisure facilities.
- If you’re a fan of paintballing then you’ll be pleased to see IPG Paintball giving away a whooping 90% student discount online as well as amazing competition prizes.
- Known for its great prices and ideal locations JD Wetherspoon is the perfect hang out for students anywhere in Scotland, come to the festival for a chat!
- As well as free food, we’ll have delicious drinks from a range of exhibitors including Keglevich, who’ll have offers for all vodka loving freshers!
- We have an array of Scotland’s best clubs including the popular Kokomo and Bamboo. Check out their stalls to see what they’re giving away!
- Light Glasgow will also be encouraging the boogie in you with a flash mob, giveaways and 500 booth packages!
- Health-conscious fresher? Little Big Shot will be providing delicious drinks so swing by their stall to check out the activities!
- Jobs and opportunities are a huge part of what the festival offers students. Nationwide Building Society will be at the event with some exciting careers options.
- If you’re looking for a uni to study at or thinking about pursuing a post grad, come and speak to the Open University Students Association to find out more about what they do.
- With a massive mystery prize and 2 4 1 giveaways, Paradise Island Adventure Golf are sure to get you in the party mood this freshers’.
- If you’ve finished an internship or placement get along to the Rate My Placement stall and find out what they have to offer.
- Freshers’ Festival showcases the best bars, clubs and restaurants including the exotic Reina Restaurant and Club.
- Revolution Bar’s popularity among students is common knowledge, make sure to visit them and find out about offers and discounts!
- Richmond Fellowship will have some great opportunities and offers for students, so if you’re keen on getting work experience give them a shout.
- Students looking to the future will be pleased to know that they can have a chat with Royal Naval Reserve about what they can get involved with at uni and after their studies.
- Sanctuary club will be exhibiting and promoting their already hugely successful club nights and offers.
- As well as job and careers advice, Freshers’ Fest caters to all student opportunities. tThe Scottish Women’s Convention will be there for aspiring politicians and activists.
- Scottish Youth Parliament will be talking to students about getting involved and will be giving away pens, wristbands and highlighters.
- Got that entrepreneurial spark? SIE will be along for tips and advice for the ambitious among us!
- The SmartLoyal app will also be up for grabs!
- Have you seen the awesome Freshers’ Fest posters on Glasgow Subway? SPT will be at the event so come along for some banter!
- Yummy offers from Steak & Cherry will also be available for meat lovers!
- We’ll have the best of Scotland’s food scene with Wagamama and Mr Singh’s!
- You goin’ out out? Visit Sugarcube.
- Tiger is known throughout Europe for its affordable prices and great quality products for the home! Get your flat looking snazzy.
- T J Hughes will be amoung the retail madness at the event and will help you get kitted out for the year ahead!
- University Officer Training Corps will be offering career advice and opportunities for students.
- Smokey Joe? You can kick the habit with help from Vaporized who’ll be giving out free liquid testers, freebies and a prize giveaway.
- Victoria Hall will introduce you to freshers’ life in halls with the perks of their accommodation!
- Get some awesome merchandise from Webhelp and have a chat about future opportunities.
- Westerwood Dental will be giving out FREE teeth whitening kits worth £300 to students who sign up!
- Where2 will help party animals find the best clubs to go to in Scotland, visit them to find out more.
- To combat Scotland’s sometimes-questionable drinking culture, Whose Round will be around to talk about what they do and how you can get involved. They’ll also have goodie bags and prize giveaways!
- If you love a cheeky sake and California roll get some samples at Yo! Sushi.
- If you fancy teaching abroad after university, TEFL offers opportunities and courses for aspiring students so come along for a chat!
- Coo-eee! Don’t forget Scotcampus are there too! Come say hello to stock up on all the magazines you can carry, or even ask us about our internships. Don’t worry – tea making skills are non essential.
- Euro Hostel will be giving away a meal for two plus bottle of wine and they’ll be contributing a big prize giveaway on the day!
- Scottish Youth Hostel Association will talk about awesome hostel rooms at great prices for students who want to travel!
- Ministry of Defense Police Recruitment will be looking for students who are interested in joining their team after their studies.
- If you’re looking for some non-booze related activities at uni then Hollywood Bowl can hook you up!
- NYCOS Choir will available to talk to for all musical students looking for an outlet outside of studying.
- Within our eclectic mix of activities Girlguide and Scouting UK will be at the event and you can find out how to get involved.
- If you love exposing your pale Scottish skin to the sun then come and see Barrhead Travel who have all sorts of offers for holidays and city breaks.
- There’ll be a GO-KART at freshers’ fest! The Experience offer go-karting fun times for students at great prices.
- Ill Fortune Clothing, Cake Clothing and Superdry will have you looking suave for your year ahead! Hoodies and t-shirts galore.
- Love Karaoke? Partial to the odd bevvy? Watch out for Campus karaoke on the main stage!
- Elior will be recruiting stadium staff for football games, so if you’re sporty and stuck for cash get yourself to the festival!
- CHATZOOME is an all new app. The team will be kindly giving away an iPad mini for a competition prize! Yada App and Smartloyal will also be at the festival with offers and giveaways – get downloadin’ folks!
- Looking for a summer abroad? Americamp will help you achieve your own wet hot American summer!
- Glasgow’s famous Buff Club and Butterfly and the Pig will be at the event giving out boat party tickets with their social media competition! Ahoy!
- We’ll have tons of delicious nosh from Mr Singh’s to keep your belly happy.
- Xercise 4 Less is the cheapest and best gym to help you stay in shape! They’ll be giving out protein tasters and FREE memberships! The Gym Group will also be there for all you fitness conscious freshers!
- As the best brewery in Scotland, Drygate will be giving out beer samples tickets for a brewery tour and tasting for you and friends! Stay tuned on our @FreshersFest Twitter acount.
- Complete with mascot, Partick Thistle will be there for some banter!
- To keep you Zen amid the freshers’ madness Youth Mindfulness will be along with info on courses and training.
- We’ll have an amazing all new entrepreneur showcase at the festival for the ambitious and creative!
- You’ll get tipsy for free! Lambrini, anyone?
- Your belly will be FULL of Papa John’s, free all day!
- We’re running an awesome Comic Con Competition! Winners get 2 tickets to the Glasgow event a meet and greet with a star of their choice as well as front row seats! Enter here.
- Abandon Ship will have their very own festival within the festival! Get over there to scout their clothing line, live art, model scouting and much, MUCH more!
- There’ll be performances ALL DAY to keep you entertained and excited for the year ahead!
- Digital Scotland Superfast Broadband will be giving away an APPLE TV to one lucky fresher!
- If you’re an ice cream and coffee lover, Crollas and Gordon St Coffee will have tastings and samples!
- Your travel to and from the festival will be completely FREE. Our free bus service will be running across Glasgow from various campuses.
- You can grab FREE VIP tickets on our website for you and your friends!
- Soak up the chilled out vibes and energised atmosphere at this two-day party!
- The festival is a great way to break out of your shell and become accustomed with what Scotland has to offer student life.
- Gamers will be pleased that Game Pro Quo will be making an appearance!
- The SECC arena will blow you away with its mammoth coolness. It’s like, really cool. Like too cool for school.
- House of Fraser are giving you a chance to win a £100 voucher! They’ll also be bringing their beauty partner Benefit for make up tutorials.
- There’ll be model scouting and illustrator drop offs at Abandon Ship!
- Got 99 problems? Going to Freshers’ Festival aint one.
Are you a comic book worm? Are you in love with Marvel? Do you LOVE a cheeky cosplay? Then look no further! MCM Comic Con have an exciting competition giveaway for this year’s Comic Con at Glasgow’s SECC 26th-27th September.
MCM Comic Con will be running a competition that’s EXCLUSIVE to Scotcampus. One winner will receive two tickets for either the Saturday or Sunday. They will also receive front row seats at a panel of their choice AND a meet and greet for each person with a guest of THEIR CHOICE! Does this sound like a dream come true? Then all you need to do to enter the competition is to re-tweet the tweet below, follow us on Twitter, and we’ll announce the winners soon! Good luck!
— Scotcampus (@Scotcampus) August 28, 2015
Terms and conditions: UK residents only. Over 18s only. Only one entry per applicant permitted. No purchase necessary. The competition runs until 23rd September. Entries received after the closing date cannot be considered, winners will be announced via Scotcampus Twitter. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Entry into the competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Do you consider yourself a student with ambition? Are you motivated, skilled and creative? Then put that business passion to good use and get entering our competition designed specifically for Scotland’s most talented start ups! We’ve got the den – but don’t worry, no dragons.
In the run up to #FF15 we’ll be asking you to get in touch with a short video or one-pager on why your start up rocks. Judged by a panel of business experts, a selection of the very best entries received will then be awarded with their very own promotional pod to set up camp at Freshers’ Festival, giving you and your company the opportunity to meet business and support networks, explore the market and promote your ideas. We’ll be keen to support your business proposals as aspirational young entrepreneurs.
Take undergraduate Ola Clark for example. Currently studying her Honours in International Business and Enterprise at the University of Strathclyde, Ola has managed to set her up own company, Monomise Ltd, win Global Start Up Summit and be jetted off to San Francisco to Silicon Valley, design a marketing campaign for Strathclyde Entrepreneurial Network, complete a six month study in Australia AND she’s a trainee RAF Jet Pilot! Phew, we’re knackered just thinking about it.
So if you consider yourself equally as passionate and determined then we want to hear from you! If you’re selected to attend this year’s festival, you’ll have the invaluable chance to open the doors to countless new opportunities:
- Receive your own Promotional Pod at Freshers’ Festival 2015 to showcase your company.
- Have access to over 8,000 students from 23rd-24th September at Glasgow’s SECC.
- Make new connections with Scotland’s business experts, support networks and beyond.
- Get the chance to showcase your passion and vision for your start-up.
- Not to mention – bag loads of free food, drinks and beyond as part of the festival giveaways!
Open to all Scottish start-up entrepreneurs under the age of 30, for your chance to showcase your business to thousands, send us a either a one minute video or one-page document of no more than 100 words, telling us about your business and why YOU deserve to showcase it at Scotland’s biggest student event. Final deadline for entries is Monday, 31st August.
Send all entries to: [email protected]
Good luck – see you at the top (promise you’ll give us a job?)!
Terms and conditions: Only one entry per applicant permitted. No purchase necessary. Open to all Scottish start-ups. The competition runs until midnight on the 30th August. Entries received after the closing date cannot be considered. Winners will be notified via email. Winner will be offered one promotional pod at Scotcampus’ Freshers’ Festival on 23rd-24th September. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Entry into the competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
In association with: